We’ve started making new videos discussing various aspects of federal employment law. Below is a video on the requirements of an accepted workers compensation claim. The requirements include:
1) The claim must be timely filed
2) You must be a federal employee
3) You must prove fact of injury
4) you must be in the performance of duty when you are injured
5) There must be a causal relationship between your injury and your work.
The claims examiners at OWCP will examine whether you’ve met these requirements when they decide whether to approve your claim or not.
Anyway, we plan on making many more of these. Let us know what you think.