Call us at 888 977 2254

EEOC Attorney For Employment Discrimination against Federal Employees

As a federal employee, once you know or should have known that you have been discriminated against, you only have 45 calendar days to contact a designated EEO counselor at your agency and file an informal complaint of discrimination, you can seek the help of federal EEOC employment discrimination attorney to draft the complaint. The EEOC is able to investigate the complaint and hold a hearing to determine if the agency has engaged in discriminatory practices against the employee.

If your complaint contains an issue that the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB) has jurisdiction over, such as wrongful termination, your case is called a “mixed case” and should be filed at the MSPB. For all other EEOC matters, once the agency completes its investigation, you may request an EEO hearing before a judge. The agency must complete its investigation within 180 days from the date your formal complaint was filed.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the protected classes. Some of these classes include:

  • Race
  • Color
  • Religion
  • Sex
  • Pregnancy
  • National Origin
  • Age
  • Disability
  • Prior EEO Activity
  • Genetic information

We are committed to helping people who have been injured by the negligence and wrongdoing of others. If you are injured after an accident, schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. Contact our office in Los Angeles, California at 888 977 2254